Friday, October 26, 2012

Dark Souls DLC Requires You To Kill Bosses To Unlock It


This... this is how DLC should be. I am not surprised at all that From Software is the company doing this. To be able to play the DLC, you will need to:

- Defeat Hydra at Darkroot Basin
- Defeat Crystal Golem at Darkroot Basin and save Dusk of Oolacile
- Defeat Crystal Golem at Duke's Archive and get Broken Pendant
- Touch Black Fog at lake in Darkroot Basin where you defeat Hydra

Isn't that FUN ? All gaming companies should strive to offer this kind of additional gameplay. I know some will complain ("I bought the damn thing, I should have access to it !"), you know the kind, those entitled casual "gamers". I am happy that there's at least one developer requiring us to earn our content.

Source: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-10-25-be-warned-you-may-have-to-play-through-dark-souls-again-to-access-the-artorias-of-the-abyss-dlc

2 comments:

  1. Wait, you have to Pay for DLC and might not even beable to play it? DLC for me should be either you pay for it or you earn it. But hey business wise that's not smart I know.

    Casual gamers don't usually buy DLC. Well I know I don't know any casual gamer that do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with my brother, letting people purchase things they might not even be able to access is kind of lame (and possibly illegal in Quebec with our very strict consumer protection laws). However, I think the base idea is neat. The simple way I would modify it would be to make some DLC require specific achievements to purchase, that way you can play until you unlock the specific achievement THEN purchase it.

    ReplyDelete