Thursday, September 20, 2012

Smedley: 'People who don't play games have no business in this business'


As reported by Massively.com, John Smedley (President of Sony Online Entertainment) said "people [who] don't play games have no business in this business. It should be the gamers-only club, I think. I can't stand people [who] don't know what they're talking about when it comes to playing these things."

YES, Mr Smedley. YES. How often have we seen non-gamers dictate what game should or should not be released ? I understand that some of the people who are lending money to a project may not be gamers themselves and we should be thankful they are permitting a game to happen, but keep it at that. Do not go and say "Oh, this shouldn't be in the game", or "Do not do it like this, do that instead". You know NOTHING about games. Let the developers work their magic and more often than not, you'll make even more money that way.

I don't even know why this isn't how it works most of the time. If I'm in need of something and I have no idea how to do it, I will not tell the person making it for me how to do their job. THEY know.

Crazy concept, huh ?

2 comments: