Monday, September 24, 2012

New Contributor : StainedPupil


Hello Bitter Veterans,
I want to present myself as a new contributor to Gaming Bitter Vets. As Lanarchy wrote in the first blog post, this is a place for all gamers, from the fanboys to the Bitter boys. A good example of this community aspect Lanarchy wants from this blog is shown today as he welcomed me as a contributor, because I can't just comment to post, I have to write about games and the market. It is my true passion.



A bit about me :
Born in '83, I grew up with the explosion of games in homes. Spent times in Arcades, played AD&D, Blood Bowl, Necromunda and a bunch of other tabletop games. I'm now 29, father of a 3 1/2 year old boy, engaged to his mother and working as a training counselor for Quebec's biggest cable company. But the gaming community is about the gamer, so I'll write a few lines on my gaming history.

Introduced to games at the age of 5, the NES was introduced in my home after my first trip to Disney World, FL. I don't have any memories of Disney itself from that time, but I remember well the trip back with the NES and a small black and white TV hooked up in the Westfalia. My first Super Mario Bros. experience was in black and white on a 6 inches (at most) TV. All my childhood weekends after this day consisted of game rentals.

I owned or played almost every console out there. I must admit I have just little experience with Sega Master System, Sega Genesis,  Sega Game Gear, and the Atari Jaguar, although I played many of their games on emulators. But aside from that, I got to play more underground systems such as the Phillips CD-i who ran what was most likely unlicensed games such as weird Zelda game.

But playing games isn't my only "Gaming" passion as I like building concepts, analyze the market, and cover events. I feel very lucky I could cover MIGS 2011 for another blog last year. I've also started my own blog, more on a personal approach. I decided to put that one aside because Lanarchy has a bigger online project than I ever planned on my own blog. So why divide when we can unite? I'm actually trying (yeah trying because it's hard) to build games myself.

My work on Gaming Bitter Vets :
As a new contributor to GBV, I will now post what I used to post on my own blog. This means that I'll cover Gaming News as broad as possible. For the community, I'll try to keep you aware of upcoming games, online deals (mostly for PS3 / Vita on PSN, Onlive, Android, and sometime Steam), and game reviews on the same platform as mentioned earlier.

Regarding reviews, unlike many other websites, don't expect to have a note as I personally find them disrespectful for games as it is an experience, not a compilation of notes to become a total. Feel free to give your own notes on them.  I won't be able to review all the latest games as I currently only buy used games. The good part is that if you think the game I review is for you, you could probably get it under 20$
That's about it. Oh yeah, I'll be doing Extra Life 2012 this year, it's a Gameathon to raise money for the kids, "Operation Enfant Soleil". I'll post about this soon.

Thanks again to Lanarchy for letting me join the team. I hope you'll enjoy my posts.

1 comment: